IAR Embedded Workbench for MSP430, version 5.50, includes a new text editor and source browser, and features auto-completion, code folding, block selection, block indentation, bracket matching, and zooming. Word/paragraph navigation have also been improved, and parameter hints show the function arguments. The new features makes it easier for embedded developers to quickly navigate through their code, and enables more efficient code writing with fewer key strokes.
IAR Embedded Workbench for MSP430 now includes the new ULP Advisor code analysis software tool from Texas Instruments, a power-optimization teaching tool. It provides a static code analyzer that flags software code and offers tips and tricks to help developers understand where they can improve their code line-by-line to minimize power consumption and achieve ultra-low-power performance.
- Integrated development environment with project management tools and editor
- Highly optimizing C and C++ compiler for MSP430
- Automatic checking of MISRA C rules (MISRA-C:2004)
- Configuration files for all MSP430 devices
- FET debugger support
- Run-time libraries
- Relocating MSP430 assembler
- Linker and librarian tools
- C-SPY debugger with MSP430 simulator and support for RTOS-aware debugging on hardware
- Example projects for MSP430 and code templates
- User and reference guides in PDF format
- Context-sensitive online help