First of all I would like to say sorry as I am sharing very old news, but still I think there are few people who are yet to explore this opportunity from NXP and Segger. Following article is from NXP site I request all the talented guys there instead of adding hours of time to write a GUI, NXP offers a great deal with ARM microcontrollers.
The company NXP Semiconductors and SEGGER Microcontrollers announced that graphics library emWIN will come free with the ARM-microcontrollers NXP.
Library emWIN, developed by SEGGER, provides a robust, efficient graphical user interface for any application with a graphical LCD, and provides extremely high quality anti-aliasing font and curves. With emWin can easily perform the basic design of the user interface – it requires a stand-alone tool that allows you to divide the processes of design and development of the user interface firmware and thus accelerate the creation of applications for LCD displays in consumer electronics, home appliances, medical devices and industrial equipment. EmWin library is compatible with single-tasking and multitasking environments and is ideal for use with the LPC1788, the industry’s first microcontroller Cortex ™-M3, which is equipped with an integrated high-performance LCD controller, as well as other microcontrollers NXP Cortex-M0, Cortex-M3, Cortex -M4, ARM7 ™ and ARM9 ™.
Facts / Highlights:
Key features of the emWin graphic library from SEGGER, now available for free with any NXP LPC microcontroller, include:
- Support for all types of LCDs, including monochrome, grayscale or active color (TFT) displays
- PC tool emWinView for a detailed, magnified view of all layers in the simulation
- Excellent support for high-quality anti-aliased text and shapes
- Easy to perform basic UI design in a stand-alone application, and separate UI design versus firmware development
- Runtime-configurable software, no compile-time switches
- Shipped as object code
- Support for any interface
- Flicker-free animation
- Configurable display sizes
- Code optimized for both size and speed
- LCD caching in memory for slower LCD controllers, reducing access to a minimum and enabling very high speeds
- Clear structure
- Extensive documentation
- Virtual display support larger than the actual display
- Ideal for use with the NXP LPC178x, as well as the LPC1800, LPC4300, LPC2400 and LPC3200 series MCUs
- GUIBuilder, Font Converter and Bitmap Converter tools
Please check the following links for further details:
One sincere request to all the readers, please comment down and correct us, this site is trying to help people to understand embedded technology, this is only possible with your comments and corrections. Please subscribe to the newsletter to get latest project/article updates right in your email inbox. Take few moments and like zembedded facebook page, follow on tweeter, thanks!